Are you a passionate and experienced graphic designer? We want to work with you!
Hackergal is a not for profit organization that introduces young girls across Canada to computer science through various programs, primarily hackathons. Hackergal partners with school boards across Canada, providing educators with the tools to host their own Hackergal Hackathon in their classrooms. Each year Hackergal hosts a number of hackathons implemented in both the independent and public-school systems. This past December, Hackergal planned and hosted the largest all-girls hackathon in Canada and empowered thousands of educators and girls to code in their very own schools.
The Graphic Designer will work closely with the leadership and education team to design visual presentations for online and print use, and ensures that all collateral is completed on time and within budget. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that meets deadlines in a fast-paced setting and is passionate about changing the technology landscape by closing the gender gap in Canada. Hackergal is quickly developing and we want your help to inspire the next generation of female developers!
- Create and update print design colleterial for print and web
- Create and design presentations and print material
- Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to collaborate with team to create eye-catching and powerful designs
- Capacity to absorb and apply constructive criticism
- 1-2 years relevant experience