We are giving exceptional girls the support they need to learn more, go further, and build impactful careers in STEAM.
Two $5,000 CAD scholarships are available for the 2022/2023 school year.
You must have been or are currently a participant of the Hackergal Ambassador Program to be eligible for the 2022/2023 Hackergal x RBCx Scholarship.
The 2022/2023 Hackergal Scholarship is sponsored by:
Applications for the
2022/2023 Hackergal x RBCx Scholarship is now closed!
About the Hackergal Scholarship Program
The Scholarship will be awarded to up to two (2) Hackergal Ambassadors who:
- Exemplify passion and commitment to diversity and inclusion in the tech industry.
- Take action as catalysts for positive change within their communities.
- Promote awareness, lead by example, and create opportunities for those following in their footsteps.
Who can Apply:
- Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents.
- Girls, Two-Spirit, Non-Binary and Gender Diverse Youth who have been or are currently enrolled in Hackergal’s National Ambassador Program (minimum one (1) cohort year).
- Secondary School Students (Full or Part-time) in Canada who will use this scholarship in the fall of the academic year following high school graduation or completion of Quebec CEGEPs and who want to pursue a career in STEAM.
- STEAM includes the following five (5) disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics.
Evaluation Criteria/General Guidelines
- Qualifying applicants must comply fully with the requirements set out above.
- Applications must be submitted via an online application form by Friday, November 4, 2022 at 11:59 pm EST.
- The awarding of the scholarships will seek to reflect the diversity of Canada and include the optional submission of demographic information (e.g., gender identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, and disability status).
- The Selection Committee will evaluate the applications on the merit of their content only. The Selection Committee will consist of internal and external members of the Hackergal community. The applications will be evaluated based on adherence to the requirements, the quality and content of the responses as they relate to the scholarship objectives and the reference letter―all of which will be given equal weight. The applicant’s identity will be completely masked on all documents reviewed by the Selection Committee.
- The Scholarship funds are intended to cover expenses connected with education, skills training and research in the STEAM fields. This includes, but is not limited to, tuition costs, residence fees, books, laptops and school supplies.