HACKERGAL HUB PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last revised: February 20, 2020
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in the Hackergal Hub found at https://hub.hackergal.org/ (the “Hub”). This Hackergal Hub Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes how Hackergal Inc. (as follows, “we”, “our” or “us”) may collect, use and disclose information about you through your use of the Hub or as a result of that use. In this Privacy Statement, when references are made to “you” or “your”, it means you on your own behalf, and on behalf of any person or organization on whose behalf you may act (collectively referred to herein as “you”).
From time to time, we may make changes to this Privacy Statement. The Privacy Statement is current as of the “last revised” date which appears at the top of this page. We will treat Personal Information (as defined herein) in a manner consistent with the Privacy Statement under which it was collected, unless we have your consent to treat it differently. This Privacy Statement applies to any information we collect or receive about you, from any source.
BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING OUR HUB OR PROVIDING INFORMATION TO US, PLEASE CAREFULLY REVIEW THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT. BY USING OUR HUB, INCLUDING REGISTERING FOR AN ACCOUNT OR ACCESSING OUR HUB, YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, AS REVISED FROM TIME TO TIME. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT AND CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, THEN YOU MUST NOT ACCESS OR USE THE HUB.
1. Information We Collect. We may collect several types of information about you, including certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, without limitation, your name and your child’s name, contact information, e-mail address, mailing address, date of birth, school name, school board and any information provided by you about your use (including your child’s use) of our Hub.
2. How We Collect Your Information.
We will always collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means. We may collect Personal Information from you directly and/or from third parties, where we have obtained your consent to do so or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
We may collect standard internet log information about how and when you use our Hub. This information may include, without limitation, your IP address and location data, weblogs, time, date, browser used, referring web addresses, other communication data, searches conducted and pages visited.
3. Where We Store Your Information. We will keep the Personal Information that we collect either at the Hackergal offices, at the offices of our third party service providers or at data centers managed by us or our third party service providers in Canada and the United States, as applicable.
4. How We Use the Information We Collect. We may use the Personal Information that we collect about you for such purposes as (the “Purposes”):
- to facilitate the delivery of current and future Hackergal products and services including, without limitation, registering for the Hub;
- to provide you with the information or services that you may request;
to obtain the necessary permissions for each student to participate in Hackergal events and use Hackergal products and services including, without limitation, the Hub;
- to communicate with you about the Hub or your use of the Hub including, without limitation, to advise you about new events, products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to respond to your inquiries, concerns, complaints or requests regarding Hackergal;
- to use Google Analytics or similar analytics service providers to better understand our web traffic and marketing effectiveness;
- to collect feedback, opinions and comments in regard to Hackergal’s products, services and operations;
- to allow our third party service providers to assist in providing you with the requested services;
- to conduct research and analysis for internal business purposes including, without limitation, product development, distribution and planning purposes;
- to administer our Hub and manage your account on the Hub;
- such purposes for which Hackergal may obtain consent from time to time;
- such other uses as may be permitted or required by applicable law; and
- if you have obtained an express consent, or if we have an implied consent or an exemption under Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, and if you have not opted-out of receiving such communications, to send you automated emails, text messages, or other communications containing promotional messaging. You can opt-out of receiving promotional messages by following the instructions contained in the communication, or by changing your Profile Information within your Account.
5. To Whom Do We Provide Your Information.
We identify to whom, and for what purposes, we disclose your Personal Information, at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent to such disclosure.
We may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers with whom we have a contractual agreement that includes appropriate privacy standards, where such third parties are assisting us with the Purposes – such as service providers that provide telephone support, data storage or processing, or hosting.
In addition, we may send Personal Information outside of the country for the Purposes, including for processing and storage by service providers in connection with such Purposes. However, you should note that to the extent that any Personal Information is out of the country, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
We may share, with third parties, aggregated, statistical, or anonymous information that does not identify you.
We also may disclose or transfer information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
6. Obtaining Your Consent. We generally obtain your consent (or require the school, hosting a Hackergal event and/or providing you with access to and use of Hackergal products and services, to obtain your consent) prior to collecting, and in any case, prior to using or disclosing your Personal Information for any purpose. You may provide your consent to us directly (either orally, electronically or in writing) or through your school. The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the reasonable expectations you might have in the circumstances.
7. How We Ensure the Privacy of Your Information When Dealing with Third Parties. We ensure that all third parties that are engaged to perform services on our behalf and are provided with Personal Information are contractually required to observe the intent of this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices.
8. How We Limit Retention of Your Information. We may keep a record of your Personal Information, correspondence or comments, in a file specific to you. We will utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that Personal Information was collected and as permitted or required by applicable law.
9. Accuracy of Your Information.
We will ensure that your Personal Information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible. We will not routinely update your Personal Information, unless such a process is necessary. We rely on you to provide us with accurate Personal Information, and we expect you, from time to time, to supply us with written updates to your Personal Information, when required.
At any time, you can challenge the accuracy or completeness of your Personal Information in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your Personal Information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the Personal Information as required. Where appropriate, we will transmit the amended information to third parties having access to your Personal Information
10. Your Requests.
If you make a written request to review any of your Personal Information that we have collected, utilized or disclosed, we will provide you with any such Personal Information to the extent required by applicable law. We will make such Personal Information available to you in a form that is generally understandable, and will explain any abbreviations or codes.
We will attempt to respond to each of your written requests no later than thirty (30) days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit.
We will not charge any costs for you to access your Personal Information in our records or to access our privacy practices without first providing you with an estimate of the approximate costs, if any.
We may request that you provide sufficient identification to permit access to the existence, use or disclosure of your Personal Information. Any such identifying information shall be used only for this purpose.
11. Safeguards We Have Implemented. We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The only employees of Hackergal/service providers who are granted access to your Personal Information, are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
12. Contact Us. All comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your Personal Information, this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, should be forwarded to our Privacy Officer as follows.
|Mailing Address||Attn: Privacy Officer
10 Dundas Street East, Suite 600