Community Event: The Coding Hive: Deep Learning 101 (For Educators)
August 17 @ 10:00 am - August 18 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0$175
A two day adult workshop in artificial intelligence and image recognition using python!
Deep learning is the fastest growing field in artificial intelligence. It is being utilized in some of the most challenging and exciting innovations worldwide such as self-driving cars, speech recognition, computer vision, and fake news detection. Skills in deep learning are highly sought-after by many of the leading tech companies.
This workshop will introduce you to skills, tools, and education that will enable you to apply deep learning to solve complex data science challenges. In addition, it will provide you with a curated guide to resources in the city that can help you connect with other data scientists and further grow these skills.
If you are a student interested in learning a new skill, a professional interested in pursing data science, or a data enthusiast who wants to know what data science is all about, then this workshop is for you!
- Saturday August 17 (10am-5pm) AND
- Sunday August 18 (10am-5pm)
Over the span of two days, we will provide you with:
- Hands-on coding exercises to learn Python programming
- An introduction to machine learning techniques along with important concepts in statistics, computer science, and machine learning that will help you kick off your data science journey
- A deep dive into neural networks
- Hands on exercises to implement and tune an image classifer in Python
- A guide on how to turn your image classifier algorithm into an application
- Hackathon style prediction challenges with hands-on help from the instructors
- Tips on data science skills and qualities needed in the job industry and how to develop them
- A guide to resources and events that will help you develop your programming and machine learning skills
- The target audience for this event: university students, professionals and any adults interested in data science
- The workshop spans over 2 days. Day one ends at 5pm and day 2 resumes on Sunday at 10am. The ticket includes access to both days
- Please bring your laptop for the hands-on coding sessions
- No programming background is required for this workshop
- Lunch will be provided on both days
- Some of the proceeds from this event will sponsor our upcoming high school coding workshops
Learn more about our workshops and instructors by visiting our website: www.thecodinghive.com
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us email@example.com or call (905) 616-4836.
**Hackergal promo code: hackergal2019 for 20% off all The Coding Hive workshops.