- This event has passed.
Community Event: Deep Learning 101 Highschool Stream
November 23, 2019 @ 10:00 am - November 24, 2019 @ 4:00 pm UTC+0
About this Event:
Deep learning is the fastest growing field in artificial intelligence. It is being utilized in some of the most challenging and exciting innovations worldwide such as self-driving cars, speech recognition, computer vision, and fake news detection. Skills in deep learning are highly sought-after by many of the leading tech companies.
This workshop will introduce you to skills, tools, and education that will enable you to apply deep learning to solve complex data science challenges. Becoming AI savvy at an early age will empower you to pick a successful career path, sharpen your academic portfolio, and prepare you to properly communicate insights from big data in any field you pursue.
Over the span of two days, we will provide you with:
- Hands-on coding exercises to learn Python programming
- An understanding of how neural networks work
- Hands on exercises to implement and tune an image classifier in Python
- Hands on demo on how to turn your image classifier algorithm into a web application
- Important concepts in statistics, computer science, and machine learning that will help you excel at school and university
- An opportunity to network with successful professionals in data science who are using deep learning to solve some of the most complex problems in Toronto and worldwide
- Career advice, and insights to online resources and academic programs that can further develop your data analysis and programming skills
- A hackathon style prediction challenge with hands-on help from the instructors
- The target audience for this event: high school students only (Grades 9-12)
- The workshop spans over 2 days. Day one ends at 4pm and day 2 resumes on Sunday at 10am. The ticket includes access to both days
- Please bring your laptop for the hands-on coding sessions
- No programming background is required for this workshop
- Lunch will be provided on both days
Learn more about our workshops and instructors by visiting our website: www.thecodinghive.com
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call (905) 616-4836.