Job Type: 8-week contract (June 28 to August 20, 2021)
Hours: Approx. 10-15 hours/week, remote
Hackergal is looking to recruit a Workshop Facilitator to join our small but mighty team! The Workshop Facilitator will report to the Director of Education and will work closely with the education team to ensure the success of Hackergal’s programs. She/he/they will be responsible for the planning and facilitation of workshops with girls and educators across Canada.
- Participate in week-long onboarding and interactive training focused on strengthening coding skills and implementing workshop facilitation best practices.
- Live facilitation of coding lessons for girls and educators via video conference platforms, with a specific focus on Lynx Coding Platform.
- Supports the planning of Hackergal’s virtual programming, including live webinars and events, and the creation of curriculum materials/lessons.
- Engage and encourage students during virtual programming related to coding and future-ready competencies.
- Prepare resources to support the planning and delivery of Summer programming, including presentation slides, communication emails, surveys, and event pages.
- Support the creation of video tutorials on Hackergal Hub and Hackergal’s social media channels, including some graphic design and editing.
- Collect live and post-event feedback from participants in order to improve future programming.
The right candidate is:
- Passionate about changing the technology landscape in Canada and encouraging more young women in computer science.
- A self-starter, detail and task-oriented, highly organized, with a results-oriented attitude.
- Highly collaborative and comfortable both leading and taking direction.
- Confident verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (French-English) is an asset.
Hackergal is a charitable organization introducing girls across Canada to computer science through various programming related to technology and primarily hackathons. Hackergal partners with the education system across Canada – working directly with educators, facilitators, and parents and providing them with the tools they need to expose girls to coding education in their schools, communities, and at home. Hackergal’s program is quickly developing as we champion the next generation of female developers and tech leaders. At Hackergal, we encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the education and tech community. Come join our team and share your passion for technology and education with us!
Hackergal is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including Indigenous peoples, Black and other racialized people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and people with intersectional identities.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.