Job Type: Contract Project-Basis
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021
Hackergal is looking to recruit a WordPress Designer to join our small but mighty team! The WordPress Designer will work closely with our marketing team to design both front-end and back-end development, user experience (UX) design, and ensure the overall functionality of Hackergal’s website within budget and at the highest quality. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that meets deadlines in a fast-paced setting and is passionate about changing the technology landscape by closing the gender gap in Canada. Hackergal is quickly developing and we want your help to inspire the next generation of female developers!
- Design, implement and optimize Hackergal’s website from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable
- Design and implement new features, enhancements, plug-in solutions, and content of existing websites
- Identify design issues and devise solutions, taking a user-centric design approach
- Formulate responsive design for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Implement SEO keyword research
The right candidate is:
- Passionate about changing the technology landscape in Canada and encouraging more young women in computer science.
- Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Proficient with WordPress and CSS
- Able to collaborate with a team to create eye-catching and powerful designs
- Able to absorb and apply constructive criticism
- A self-starter, detail, and task-oriented, highly organized, with a results-oriented attitude.
Hackergal is a charitable organization introducing girls across Canada to computer science through various programming related to technology and primarily hackathons. Hackergal partners with the education system and organizations across Canada – working directly with educators, facilitators, and parents and providing them with the tools they need to expose girls to coding education in their schools, communities, and at home. Hackergal’s program is quickly developing as we champion the next generation of female developers and tech leaders. At Hackergal, we encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the education and tech community. Come join our team and share your passion for technology and education with us!
Hackergal is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including Indigenous peoples, Black and other racialized people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and people with intersectional identities.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.