Job Type: 6-Month Contract
Application Deadline: September 4, 2020
Hackergal is looking for a Program Coordinator to join our small but mighty team! The Program Coordinator will report to the Director of Education and will work closely with the education team to ensure the success of Hackergal’s programs. She/he/they will be responsible for supporting the delivery of Hackergal’s programming which includes on-boarding new schools, facilitators, and families, as well as affiliated programs such as after-school workshops and Hackergal’s Ambassador Program. In this role, the Program Coordinator will have the opportunity to work with like-minded community partners, government, and public/private stakeholders focusing on the following:
- Recruit new schools and school boards to implement Hackergal’s in-school programs
- Engage and support existing schools and school boards with on-going in-school and virtual programming
- Prepare resources for the Hackergal at Home Program and input self-paced learning modules on Hackergal Hub
- Provide support with curriculum development as needed
- Assist with the development of after-school clubs for girls and teachers where applicable
- Supports the delivery of Hackergal’s virtual programming
- Foster program growth with focus on the on-going recruitment of schools, school boards, and at home families in various communities and regions with Hackergal Hub, our online learning portal.
- Assist with the maintenance of resources for Hackergal’s program offerings.
- Fosters existing and new relationships with like-minded community partners that support women in technology, girls in STEM and female entrepreneurs working with the Director of Education where applicable.
The right candidate is:
- Passionate about changing the technology landscape in Canada and encouraging more young women in computer science.
- Mission-driven and excited to engage with partners, donors, and community organizations to align on related goals and objectives.
- Experienced in fundraising or related experience (3-4 years)
- Experienced in communications and stakeholder relationships preferably in a not-for-profit or agency environment.
- A self-starter, detail, and task-oriented, highly organized, with a results-oriented attitude.
- Comfortable both leading and taking direction and can prioritize multiple projects under competing deadlines.
- Confident in verbal and written communication skills who can effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and work well in a cross-functional environment.
- Proficient in writing and editing content for a variety of mediums and contexts.
- Organized and capable of prioritizing goals and objectives while upkeeping all required information/data for ease of access for staff and clients.
- Bilingual (French-English) is an asset, but not required.
- A friendly environment with flexible office hours
- Work from home (full-time indefinitely)
- Professional development opportunities
- 2-week shutdown in December
Hackergal is a charitable organization introducing middle school girls across Canada to computer science through various programming related to technology and primarily hackathons. Hackergal partners with the education system across Canada – working with teachers, administrators, and school board leaders, providing teachers with the tools to host their own Hackergal Hackathon at their school. Hackergal’s program is quickly developing as we champion the next generation of female developers and tech leaders. At Hackergal, we encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the education and tech community. Come join our team and share your passion for technology and education with us!
Hackergal is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including Indigenous peoples, Black and other racialized people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and people with intersectional identities.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.