Job Type: Contract, Project-Based
Hackergal is growing its reach across Canada and looking to recruit an Impact Measurement and Evaluation Analyst who will work directly with Hackergal’s education team to showcase our program impact. The Impact Measurement and Evaluation Analyst is responsible for the design and management of Hackergal’s program monitoring and evaluation, including the collection and analysis of data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for program optimization and evaluation. She/he/they must have strong experience using a variety of data analysis methods, building and implementing models related to Hackergal’s ongoing programs and program development focusing on the following:
Impact Measurement and Evaluation Analyst Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement program evaluation methods and approaches for the purpose of program planning by generating meaningful and purposeful data.
- Review, identify and prioritize areas for improvement in monitoring and evaluation of data for program planning and implementation.
- Consult and provide leadership to ensure effective methodological procedures and survey administrative methods and assist with analysis, interpretation of data and program development.
- Responsible for obtaining and analyzing program data required to showcase program impact.
- Produce reports on impact measurement for both internal (education team, the board of directors, etc.) and external audiences (corporate partners, community partners, etc.).
- Create and propose interesting ways of sharing data in ways that tell stories, illustrate impact, and help audiences understand the implications and next steps.
- Monitor and evaluate progress towards program objectives and expected targets as per Hackergal’s theory of change and logic model.
The right candidate is:
- Passionate about changing the technology landscape in Canada and encouraging more young women to pursue computer science.
- Mission-driven and excited to engage with partners, donors, and community organizations to align on related goals and objectives.
- A self-starter, detail, and task-oriented, highly organized, with a results-driven attitude.
- Comfortable both leading and taking direction and can prioritize projects under competing deadlines.
- Experienced in developing design and analysis of surveys, quantitative and qualitative data methodologies, and program evaluation and assessment.
- Confident in verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize complex data into understandable, user-friendly, relevant explanations for reporting and knowledge transfer to management and key stakeholders.
- Organized and capable of prioritizing goals and objectives while upkeeping all required information/data for ease of access for staff and stakeholders.
Hackergal is a charitable organization introducing middle school girls across Canada to computer science through various programming related to technology and primarily hackathons. Hackergal partners with the education system across Canada – working with teachers, administrators, and school board leaders, providing teachers with the tools to host their own Hackergal Hackathon at their school. Hackergal’s program is quickly developing as we champion the next generation of female developers and tech leaders. At Hackergal, we encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the education and tech community. Come join our team and share your passion for technology, data science and education with us!
Hackergal is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including Indigenous peoples, racialized people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and people with intersectional identities.