Job Type: Project-Based (~30 hours, working remotely)
Hackergal is looking to recruit a Bilingual Video Content Creator to work collaboratively with Hackergal’s education team to translate resources and develop instructional video content for young learners who are new to technology and coding. The successful candidate will help to ensure the quality of Hackergal’s French coding resources and have experience working with educational technology. The main responsibility of this role will be to create engaging tutorial videos that support our coding curriculum in French.
The Bilingual Video Content Creator is responsible for:
- Understanding Hackergal’s mission, program, and voice.
- Creating engaging educational materials, specifically instructional videos, demonstrating the use of Hackergal’s coding platform partner (Lynx Coding) and in alignment with our current English resources.
- Updating our Coding Video Library on Google Drive.
- Recording and sharing one’s own voice for videos as a passionate and engaging orator.
- Screen capturing computer screens for tutorials.
- Writing and recording clear and concise scripts for videos that align with Hackergal’s brand guidelines.
- Collaborating with the Hackergal team to ensure consistency of content.
- Occasionally using and maintaining camera, lighting, and audio equipment.
- Exporting edited footage for distribution across multiple media platforms (YouTube, Instagram, etc).
The right candidate is:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Proven ability to adapt and adjust priorities while working independently
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to troubleshoot
- Comfortable working with technology
- Willingness to engage with a variety of technical tools and learn new tools
- Being part of an inspiring team making a big impact!
- Friendly environment with flexible hours
- Work from home
- Opportunity for future project-based contracts
Application Deadline: May 26, 2020
Hackergal is a charitable organization introducing middle school girls across Canada to computer science through various programming related to technology and primarily hackathons. Hackergal partners with the education system across Canada – working with teachers, administrators, and school board leaders, providing teachers with the tools to host their own Hackergal Hackathon at their school. Hackergal’s program is quickly developing as we champion the next generation of female developers and tech leaders. At Hackergal, we encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the education and tech community. Come join our team and share your passion for technology, data science and education with us!
Hackergal is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including Indigenous peoples, racialized people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and people with intersectional identities.