Job Type: Full Time, 1-Year Contract
Application Deadline: Friday, April 30
Start Date: May 2021
Hackergal is looking to recruit a Curriculum Designer to work collaboratively with Hackergal’s education team and with educators from schools and organizations across Canada. The successful candidate will provide expertise in structuring educational curriculum and engaging learning activities for both classroom-style and web-based courses related to computer science and technology.
- Research and design detailed training and education curriculum for teachers and students with a focus on coding skills and Canadian women in technology in English and French.
- Collaborate with the Curriculum Development Lead to assist with the curriculum development process by determining project goals and identifying learning objectives.
- Create engaging multimedia course content (videos, quizzes, and activities), including the incorporation of a variety of assessment strategies.
- Consult with Hackergal teachers from provinces and territories across Canada to create original educational content including lesson plans, articles, and tutorials that align with provincial standards.
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, and the finished course product to be integrated on Hackergal Hub, an online learning portal.
- Draft effective educational copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts as it relates to course content.
- Develop, create and manage a range of digital resources and supporting material/media to enhance the learning process, including audio and video tutorial recordings of coding skills and tools.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders, including the implementation of an iterative internal and external feedback process.
The right candidate is:
- Passionate about encouraging more girls to pursue computer science and fostering a more diverse and inclusive technology landscape in Canada.
- Mission-driven and excited to develop curriculum and resources that will introduce coding education to middle school girls.
- Confident and fluent in written and verbal communication in French and English, including email writing, document editing/translating and voice recording.
- Familiar with video editing software and/or willing to engage with a variety of new technical tools.
- Work remotely
- Professional development opportunities
Hackergal is a charitable organization introducing girls across Canada to computer science through various programming related to technology and primarily hackathons. Hackergal partners with the education system across Canada – working directly with educators, facilitators, and parents and providing them with the tools they need to expose girls to coding education in their schools, communities, and at home. Hackergal’s program is quickly developing as we champion the next generation of female developers and tech leaders. At Hackergal, we encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the education and tech community. Come join our team and share your passion for technology and education with us!
Hackergal is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including Indigenous peoples, Black and other racialized people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and people with intersectional identities.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.