Job Type: 4-Month Contract, May to August 2021
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
Hackergal is looking to recruit a Community Partnerships Coordinator to work collaboratively with the Executive Director and Hackergal’s education team to increase program impact and reach! The successful candidate will support the development of strategic partnerships and build meaningful relationships with like-minded community organizations to promote STEM education for girls.
- Assist in developing and implementing outreach strategies that promote Hackergal programming to communities across Ontario
- Draft and send outreach communications to potential community partners
- Promote learning resources and materials to internal and external stakeholders, building awareness for Hackergal programs and initiatives
- Research and identify community partners and stakeholders in priority communities
- Explore and recommend new partnership opportunities for external collaborations aligning with Hackergal’s programming objectives
- Develop community partnership proposals that identify partnership alignment, key goals and objectives
- Assist with the creation of promotional materials and resources for community partnerships as needed
The right candidate is:
- Passionate about encouraging more girls to pursue computer science and fostering a more diverse and inclusive technology landscape in Canada
- Mission-driven and excited to collaborate with partners to build impactful partnerships
- Has experience in communications and stakeholder relationships preferably in a non profit organization
- Confident in verbal and written communication skills, including basic research, report writing, editing, proofreading and presentation skills
- French is an asset
- Work remotely
- Flexible working hours
Hackergal is a charitable organization introducing girls across Canada to computer science through various programming related to technology and primarily hackathons. Hackergal partners with the education system across Canada – working directly with educators, facilitators, and parents and providing them with the tools they need to expose girls to coding education in their schools, communities, and at home. Hackergal’s program is quickly developing as we champion the next generation of female developers and tech leaders. At Hackergal, we encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the education and tech community. Come join our team and share your passion for technology and education with us!
Hackergal is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including Indigenous peoples, Black and other racialized people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and people with intersectional identities.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.