Job Type: Full Time, 1 Year Contract
Application Deadline: Friday, April 30
Start Date: May 2021
Hackergal is looking to recruit a Bilingual Program Manager to work directly with Hackergal’s education team. The Program Manager is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our current educators as well as forming partnerships with new schools and organizations. She/he/they will be supporting the delivery of Hackergal’s National Hackathon Program, including the facilitation of teacher onboarding, training, and live coding webinars for girls.
- Recruit new schools, school boards and community organizations to implement our Hackathon program with a focus on reaching and supporting French-speaking schools.
- Engage and support existing educators and facilitators with program implementation as well as their own professional development related to coding through live support calls and webinars.
- Organize and facilitate inspiring online events including guest speakers, budget, and tech requirements, focused on coding skills and closing the gender gap in tech.
- Develops, implements and continuously evaluates Hackergal’s programs to meet goals and industry standards throughout Canada. Works closely with the Director of Education to review and create best practices for the Hackergal’s Programs.
- Foster ongoing relationships with education stakeholders (teachers, educators, principals, school board administrators, government officials, & community partners) to ensure the delivery of Hackergal’s Programs and continued expansion.
- Assist in the creation of educational materials for schools, libraries, and other community partners related to program delivery for both in-person and virtual learning settings.
- Maintain a learning management system in coordination with external vendors, including the administration, documentation, tracking, tagging and progression educational courses on Hackergal Hub.
The right candidate is:
- Passionate about encouraging more girls to pursue computer science and fostering a more diverse and inclusive technology landscape in Canada.
- A self-starter who is keen to learn and grow as an adaptive educator.
- Confident and fluent in written and verbal communication in French and English, including email writing, document editing/translating, and presentation skills.
- Ideally has some experience with STEM education and in particular, technology and coding.
- Knowledgeable about the education system in Canada.
- Organized and capable of prioritizing goals and objectives while upkeeping all required information/data for ease of access internally and externally.
- Work remotely
- Health benefits plan
- Professional development opportunities
- 15 days paid vacation and 2-week shutdown in December
Hackergal is a charitable organization introducing girls across Canada to computer science through various programming related to technology and primarily hackathons. Hackergal partners with the education system across Canada – working directly with educators, facilitators, and parents and providing them with the tools they need to expose girls to coding education in their schools, communities, and at home. Hackergal’s program is quickly developing as we champion the next generation of female developers and tech leaders. At Hackergal, we encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the education and tech community. Come join our team and share your passion for technology and education with us!
Hackergal is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including Indigenous peoples, Black and other racialized people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and people with intersectional identities.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.