Job Type: 2-Month, Part-Time
Application Deadline: January 18, 2021
Hackergal is looking for a Bilingual Outreach Coordinator to join our small but mighty team! The Bilingual Outreach Coordinator will report to the Bilingual Program Manager to ensure the success of Hackergal’s programs. She/he/they will be responsible for supporting the delivery of Hackergal’s french programming which includes, but is not limited to, outreach, cold-calling and recruitment of school, community partners, and school boards This role will focus specifically on engaging francophone communities across Canada to grow Hackergal’s coding community.
- Develops and implements innovative outreach strategies for french communities, strategically engaging francophone communities, school boards, and educators.
- Identifies, liaises, and supports outreach with school boards in both public and private boards across Canada.
- Recruits new schools and school boards to implement Hackergal’s in-school programs
- Supports the process of building a network of francophone teachers, various educators, and principals to raise awareness and recruit schools.
- Conducts onboarding calls with facilitators and organizations related to program offerings.
- Drafts and sends follow-up emails to clearly communicate next steps with facilitators.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheet databases with lists of french schools and contact information.
- Supports the creation of communication materials, including outreach and promotional emails.
- Drives relationships with potential new schools, participants, and partners to the Program Manager.
The right candidate is:
- Passionate about changing the technology landscape in Canada and encouraging more young women in computer science.
- Experience with online communication tools, MailChimp, and Eventbrite is an asset.
- A self-starter, detail and task-oriented, highly organized, with a results-oriented attitude.
- Confident verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of setting goals while upkeeping strategy and plans with all the required information/data.
- Bilingual (French-English) is required.
- Experience in education is an asset.
- A friendly work environment
- Work from home with a flexible schedule
- Professional development opportunities
Hackergal is a charitable organization introducing girls across Canada to computer science through various programming related to technology and primarily hackathons. Hackergal partners with the education system across Canada – working directly with educators, facilitators, and parents and providing them with the tools they need to expose girls to coding education in their schools, communities, and at home. Hackergal’s program is quickly developing as we champion the next generation of female developers and tech leaders. At Hackergal, we encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the education and tech community. Come join our team and share your passion for technology and education with us!
Hackergal is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including Indigenous peoples, Black and other racialized people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and people with intersectional identities.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.